Pages

Wednesday 27 September 2017

My speech

My dad and our Cook island home.

He was born in the Cook Islands, the island he came from is called Atiu. His language and most of mine are Cook Island.I could only speak so little of the language but he could speak all of it. There are fifteen islands altogether, and also there are groups, as in Southern groups and Northern groups, my family are from the Northern group. And even though my dad was from  the northern group he can speak and understand all of the fifteen islands languages.His up bringing were from two families, the first family that brought him up from when he was a baby was not by his parents but it was from distant relatives.The second family who looked after him was by his grandparents one his mother's side of the family. Back in Atiu he used to work in the plantation, planting, taro, kumara, coconuts, yams, banana, mango, arrow root, and pineapple. His meat supplies were, pigs, chicken, and goat. Their seafood supplies were just fish and crab.This is our family culture. So on my bucket list one day I will go back to where my dad was born and learn the Cook island ways. By Melbourne

No comments:

Post a Comment